Thursday, October 17, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to the blog about daily life with me and my little girl. I used a blog when I was in the process of adopting her from Russia called "prayers for my baby." I kept it locked down tight because I did not want it to hinder the adoption in any way. Now G has been home a year and I love reading others blogs and decided to start a new one and keep it open so anyone can follow.

I am first and foremost a Christian. I don't think I could have ever done what I did in the past 2 years with out God's power and miracles helping me through it. It is NOT an easy process!

I am a single MOM and carry the title with happiness! I adopted my little girl from Russia one year ago, Oct 2012. It was the best thing I ever did! It was also the hardest. Kids who have dealt with trauma, as most kids from other countries have, are more emotionally fragile than most kids. They need more understanding, more time to heal, more attention than you think is possible for any one person to give to another and more love than we can know. God has led me to, through and from the adoption and continues to do so. He is her father after all, as he is to all children.

I am not a perfect mom. Not even close. But I want and try to do my very best for my precious little girl.

I am single, so therefor I do work - outside the home. I wish some days that I could stay home with her always. Other days I'm glad to have a break and have some room to breath.
I am a graphic Designer and love my work! I can make my own schedule somewhat and that helps a lot!!  She is with a wonderful babysitter with three preschoolers of her own and also three school children and G LOVES going there!! It makes it a lot easier taking her, but there are still some days that I drop her off and cry on the way to work.

So, all around, I'm pretty typical. Ok, maybe not.

Little G. I think God blessed me with an exceptionally beautiful little girl. But then, doesn't every mom think that?!?
Here is a timeline with pictures showing what love and nutrition do for a child. She grew so much in the year she has been home!
She gained 10 lbs! She went from size 18mo clothes being a bit big on her, to size 3T and some 4T!
She went from size 4 shoe to size 7/8



1 comment:

  1. Love this! She has matured so much in the way she looks. Our little guy came home just a month after your sweet girl. It truly is amazing "what love and nutrition do for a child" like you said. Praise God for the way he is using you to demonstrate his love for your daughter- and vice versa I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete