Sunday, October 20, 2013

Celebrating one Year Home!

Oh, My! It's really been a year since I walked in the door to my house with Gabriella Kate Landis in my arms! My sister was kind enough to come and stay with me the first night just in case it was a long horrible night. It wasn't. She did very well. I thought I would start out right by putting her right in the crib but that didn't happen. She cried so pitifully that even my sis said to take her to bed with me. Which is what I did - for the next 6 - 8 weeks. There she slept very well, sorry to say I can't say the same thing about me. The flying arms and legs got worse and worse till at the end I was going to sleep on the sofa after she fell asleep. Eventually she did transition to her crib. She has always done pretty well going to sleep, once she gets to sleep. Even now, it usually takes her an hour to wind down and fall asleep.

On Wednesday we celebrated Family Day, our first day together in Perm, Russia. G's friend Zander came with his mommy and we went swimming! They both loved that! Then take out chinese and an evening of playing. The last time we did that together was in January. I found old pictures and they still looked like babies!! Here is the difference 10 mo makes! (G somehow changed my cell phone camera settings so the pics got horrible!!)






















































































But, bad pictures are better than none.

Today, Oct 20 is our Home Forever Day!
We celebrated by spending the evening at home together and baking chocolate chip banana muffins together. I stuck one candle in for one year home. SHe loved it.
























Celebrating Fall!  





























This was one of her family day gifts. A Matryashka doll bank. Good place to put change that makes my purse heavy.




















The first night home I took a pic of her standing in the doorway to her bedroom. At 5 month home I did again and tonight I did again. She grew!! She is wearing the same PJs each time and the first time we had a hard time keeping them on cause they were so big. THey are now a bit small but, still fit on.


























































































1 comment:

  1. Sweet; I love the "shrinking pajamas" photos. What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete